Wednesday 1 May 2013

Chicken Hatch - take two!

After our "Herbie incident" with our previous hatch, we have now set seven new eggs in our incubator.



Most, if not all, of these will be mixed-breed birds as our roosters are silver-laced polish (although we do have two females of the same), a black jersey giant, and a white jersey giant (I think - he was in the "tetra tint pullets" bin but obviously he is not a female, so I question his breed as well). It will be interesting to see what combinations come out of this hatch. We will *not* be moving this hatch out of the laundry room - keeping it safe from Herbie. I think the peeping from the eggs in the previous hatch was just too much for his curiosity.



I am going to try to post photos of the candling throughout the process. I will be candling for the first time tonight with this batch. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment